Monday, February 20, 2006

Will she or will she not....

It was love at first sight… If there was somebody I had to spend my life with, it had to be him…Was I being unreasonable? What if I’d be disappointed? Gladly, I wasn’t. Who would be the first person I would be confiding to? Very naturally, my elder sister appeared on my mind and as I expected, she was proud of the choice I made. She never doubted me on that… The next three hurdles I would be facing? *My Closest friend *My younger sister and *My mother with the “fear-factor” sharply increasing in proportion to the order given… Like any best buddy is expected to be, my friend, has always been extra protective about me.. But one look, and her worries fizzled out in thin air and she truly believed he was the best thing that could ever happen to me. My younger sister, I knew would be a tough one to convince and why not, she certainly didn’t want me to go through the “series of unfortunate events” that she had been through... Her thing did not last for more time than I had taken to write my DSP exam as mom got to know about it. The reminiscence of her own dark past forced her to veil her happiness and pray for the best… My mother, her wrath is something I feared the most after work-load… I haven’t told her yet…But when I do, how is she going to react? Will I be put through the same torture that was inflicted on my sister? These are few questions which only time and my mom can answer.

The answer to the very obvious question in your mind is Yes, I did spend the entire week-end watching movies…but there is something else that I have done as well. Something ,which I hadn’t dared to do for years, fearing my mom’s reaction. So let me now rewind and play the entire story again.

It was love at first sight….Soha Ali Khan’s hair-do in the movie “Rang De Basanthi” was something I wanted to have since the day I was able to utter “MAA”…okie , that’s a little exaggeration but certainly since I watched her in the movie. Was I being unreasonable ? yeah, that was something I wanted to double check as I was always the first one to go in splits when people with four strands of hair ,came to parlor asking for Jennifer Aniston’s hairstyle. My trivial fears were shooed off in no time by the hair-stylist and her promising speech …STRIKE 1….Who would be the first person I would be confiding to? Very naturally my elder sister appeared on mind …when it comes to experimenting with my hair, with MY HAIR in quotes, she has always been supporting… As a matter of fact ,she wanted me to go for “ la Demi Moore in Ghost ”hair style…I promised her that was the next thing…So I meticulously planned this up to this Sunday as my parents were away.. STRIKE 2.. The next three hurdles I would be facing?... Before the conditioner’s effect attenuated ,I landed at my friend’s place.. her first reaction was “ what the $#@#” but eventually loved it and believed it to be the thing that had ever happened to moi hair…STRIKE 3….. My younger sister..yeah..she had to be the tough nut to crack… and again, there is a very disturbing story behind it…yeah ,you are right, most of the disturbing stories are associated to my younger sister…A year and a half back, my sister had cut her really short and was flaunting it through out the house, blissfully ignorant of the fact that my mom was close behind her heels…the very moment my sister stood dead in front of the mirror, mom took out her lethal weapon alias scissors and cut her hair randomly… The reminiscence of her own dark past forced her to veil her happiness and pray for the best for me…but she did have a fervent wish of restraining from showing it to mom until her university exams got over.. In her exact words,she said “ I do not want to miss it for the world”….STRIKE 4…. My mother, her wrath is something I feared the most after work-load… Normally ,it’s child’s play to talk her into anything but when it comes to idea of meddling with hair ,she’s as stubborn as they get …I guess it’s the old age that’s getting on her… c’mon, after all Rapunzel’s magnificent long hair did come to the aide of the enchantress to climbed up by it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven’t told her yet…But when I do, how is she going to react? Will I be put through the same torture that was inflicted on my sister? These are few questions which only time and my mom can answer .)

7 Comments:

Blogger Riyaa said...

hey Sri...thanks di..surely,dint see this comin'.. had u been here ,it would be u testifyin the friend part:)

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravo bravo ..what a topic -> " Will she or will she not...." .. shld have been in a guys blog ,) .. quite misleading title na..

anyways.. good one.

carry on optimizing thy blogging skills .)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Laks said...

lol... waita go babe!... n yea.. we all have hair problems! *sighs*.. jus hope we dont go bald too soon!

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work.....the curiosity u maintained compares with the time i had at pizza hut.....
peeing in my pants just to get a rakki!!!

1:32 AM  
Blogger wenstumped said...

Hi rabiya! really love the way u write. had me guffawing like an idiot right thru. N thanx for visiting my blog and posting comments. nice to know someone's reading them!!!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Riyaa said...

Thanx guys..I am truly touchED...

lol,Ajith if it had to remind u of that incident,it was somethin worth writin .)

lux,plz don talk abt baldness...not atlest now when i am baskin in the glory of my new hair style.. .)

hey,bluechild u don have to thank me n all..."postin comment" was more of a side effect of reading ur posts...great goin'.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Harvind Dokshan said...

hey one of the best i ve read for quite some time... gud twists and turns like an RGV film... nyways i was laughing my stomach out when i read the content..awesome ..take a bow....

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home