Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I am all outta love

Enough…had it enough!!!!!!…this Valentine’s day, no overhearing friend’s mushy conversation, no watching Jack Dawson drown the hundredth time and seriously, no harping over "Why Me God...??? Why Me With No Valentine" factual. As a matter of fact, this year, I am going to spend my time glorifying the most loved subject…(i.e) L*O*V*E…the most divine creations of Lord, the feeling makes you believe that the most beautiful thing in the universe, dwells in your mirror…the feeling that takes you to the most exotic locations sans the passport…the feeling that .. the feeling that… that…that…CRAP!!!!
Yes, that’s right, I am no ways an ardent fan of “love”...yeah, sure it does bring a few “fine moments” in life but I think, it’s the damages it causes that leaves an everlasting impression …. An impression that would shamelessly take precedence over clutches of other adversities…for instance like this…
1.I GOT CUP IN 2 SUBJECTS ,Mind Evaluates : why didn’t I do combine study with Sanjay..? Why did I make those friendly banters about the professor, her multi-colored sarees were none of my business ? Why did he leave me..? I liked him so much ? Where did it all go wrong ?
2. HOUSE RENT DUE, Mind evaluates: why didn’t I save money from the start…? Why did buy the good for nothing roti-maker, how did I forget I don’t cook..? Why did he leave me..? Where did it all go wrong…?

And the list of Love-Ache-Overshadow-rest goes ceaseless….anyways, While we are on the subject of valentine’s day, thought would share a few snips that have always boggled my grey cells
i) What’s with “will u be my valentine” ???

I have been through the biography of St Valentine quite a number of times and most of the records state that this poor chap was put behind bars for getting couples married secretly…and then there was this jailor’s daughter who hated to do household chores and to escape the same, hanged around with St Valentine, listening to his stories.. gossiping basically…so before dying, he thought he should show his gratitude to her for her resisted yawns and hence wrote a very informal letter with his sign below, Yours Valentine…guys don’t u get it ????? they were not the “madly in love” couple …all that they shared was a platonic relationship…had the jailor’s daughter known that “your’s valentine” wouldn’t become such a hit signifying “an expression of love”, she wouldn’t have showed off the letter in vanity to her friends or to the least, would have considered taking house-keeping lessons in the first place.
ii) Shopping or do we say “girls day out” ?

All what I read in “why women can’t read maps…” i.e about the impeccable sense of direction in men, comes to a standstill when we bring the subject “shopping for valentine”… seriously poor guys, don’t know where the shopping malls are!!!!!!!!!!!! My recent visit to Landmark (no, please don’t get ideas. I was there shopping nursery rhyme book for my niece) left me gaping as there was no vestige of man.. So guys, if do shop…now is the time, SPEAK UP!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer -This post was not written with the intention of toning down your spirits on Valentine, love and like-wise (though, that was always there on the back of my mind ,) ) ,but with a hope to hear back from someone who has different version of it...from someone who could defy my theory on it..Any Takers ???

9 Comments:

Blogger Laks said...

hey rabs,
I think valentines day is hyped up too much by the media... its kinda ridiculous to c the entire city painted pink(or red) completely for one whole day!....(not tht i hate the colours.. jus tht too much of it is sickening)....but yea.. i guess its a "business boom day" in most of the metropolis... oh n u sound like u've been tabbed ;).. watz the scoop babe..looks like theres a lotta catchin up to do..hehe
ps- personally i think calvin rocks... so i dunno watz rong wit his version of valentines :)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Riyaa said...

hey Arafat...keep that smirk with u...Sameer is gonna regret someday .)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Riyaa said...

Hey Sri....thanx for the comparison..am in cloud 9..n abt the "empathize part" i can always vouch on u for that...after all its you who give me inspiration that life with no valentine is no big deal..hehe .)

12:42 AM  
Blogger Riyaa said...

lol...lux,there's nothin you have to catch up with...but i definitely have things to catch up...Calvin Sure Rocks...

12:51 AM  
Blogger Laks said...

i dont have things to catch up with???... hmm now lets c.. ur title for this post reads "i'm all outta l ove"... when were u in "it" ?:P..

ps-if ur interested in calvin series.. lemme knw.. i'll send the links to ya..

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rabiya,
this writing is so much U!!!
never take a stand on anything and put extra ordinary effort to make sure people dont get what you are THINKING(* i doubt if u do that.. so i'll say COMMUNICATING).

to cut a parallel tangent... i'll quote this line

"You cant Stay but you wont Move on"...

it is like you are depressed thinking about the not so nice things that relationship or any other similiar thing can do to you. You well know that you can make an effort to end that depression... but you wont.... coz you enjoy being in that depression...I bet you would have been through that..lol

p.s:- the quote was courtesy anjana!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Riyaa said...

lol..thats the whole prob Ajith....u noe me too much to be commentin here...

" n once u know somebody too much , u cease to know them anymore"

trust me, I have moved on...

p.s:- the quote was courtesy anjana

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must have!!!..im sure!

lets stop making it sound like shez a celebrity poet!!!


you have inspired me to start a blog... i'll be doing that soon!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Harvind Dokshan said...

this was a surprise package from u... isn it? i never expected u to be skeptical about having a valentine...but the fact of the matter is in more ways than one u save more than u lose without a valentine... so all is well that ends well...

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home